SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cal 34 vs. Irwin 34
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006

jenweberfuller is on a distinguished road
Yes, we have had others suggest a multihull and it would be nice, but my husband and I are both sort of "hooked" on the monohull...we actually like to heel, comfortably anyway and enjoy the feeling of the single hull leaning over as the wind fills the sails. My son Brenden rolls a little, and it doesn't bother him as long as we have padded the sides of his "crib" with cushions and blankets. ( I have never, however, been on a multihull, so I can't say an experience on one would not change my mind!) The other reason we're not looking at multihulls is that there are very, very few to be found in the Great Lakes. I have yet to find one in our price range (up to $25,000.) The other concern is the slip fees for a multihull are sometimes double! Thank you for the suggestion, however, it is still something we are considering.

p.s. I did look again, specifically, for multihulls, especially something like a folding trimaran...and yes, the Corsair is a neat concept, with the folding pontoons and trailerability. It would be very stable and be something similar to what we have now, except no standing headroom, especially in the models that would be anywhere near our price range. (The F-31 is quite pricey!!) Oh, I forgot, STANDING HEADROOM is a big priority...my back is already giving out and I'm just a little on the downside of 40-something.

Last edited by jenweberfuller; 10-04-2006 at 11:22 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook