SailNet Community - View Single Post - Annapolis used parts store
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough
Re: Annapolis used parts store

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrsch View Post
Bacons is the place, loved browsing in there for hours. A buddy of mine bought a 37 Endeavour that needed a new main sail and found a used one there that look like brand new. He lucked out that week got a good deal on the boat and found the sail the same day.

Anyone know places like that on the west coast or other regions?
They are all over in coastal towns & cities. Check Good Old Boat mags website - they have a big list of such places.

One day I'm going to L.A. just to check out Minneys and that boat junkyard in Long Beach.

I'm off to Bellingham on Tuesday to check out the used/consignment store there - it's pretty good but their prices are all over the map - you have to be careful there. Popeyes in North Van is pretty thin these days and they are not carrying sails anymore. The Mariners Exchange in Steveston closed recently and I haven't been to the place in Sydney for a couple of years - they used to have LOTS of sails.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook