SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pictures: Those perfect moments
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough
Re: Pictures: Those perfect moments

Quote:
Originally Posted by seayalatermoonglow View Post
Not such a perfect moment but interesting none the less. Last night we peaked out at 74 knots - 147 Km/hr beside my boat at the Maritime Museum. On my boat I had a sustained 55 knot reading most of the night.

Campbell River Fresh Water Marina this morning.

Yowza! It blew pretty hard here as well. Apparently the ferries were shut down for a time this morning - sure was a big backup in the lot at H.S. Bay.

I drove through Tiddley Cove this aft. Yesterday there was a nice Shark moored near the dock, a scruffy Soling moored behind it and a mastless Grampian 23 behind that (it had been washed ashore, dismasted and recovered from the head of the cove last year).

Today there was a mastless Soling, a mastless Shark that dragged past the Soling and dismasted both of them and no G23 - well, at low tide there WAS a bow pulpit showing a little.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook