SailNet Community - View Single Post - What sailing knife do you use?
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012

JonEisberg will become famous soon enough
Re: What sailing knife do you use?

A sailor's choice of a knife should take into consideration what sort of cordage you have on your boat... For anyone with a fair amount of hi-tech rope aboard, halyards or sheets with spectra/Dyneema cores, and whatnot, this knife from Boye is the way to go... It cuts that stuff like no other rigging knife I've seen...

Plus, it's the only rigging knife I've ever owned which has never shown the slightest hint of rust... Beautifully designed, fits in the hand very nicely, easy to open with one hand, etc... All the things a sailor could want in a knife...

You sure don't want to lose it over the side, however... These things are pretty pricey - although I now see he's offering "seconds" with slight cosmetic imperfections, without the marlinspike, for a bit over $100...

Again, for those sailing on a boat with a lot of hi-tech line, well worth it, IMHO... Knives are one of those things that some people are very particular about, and for those who appreciate a beautifully crafted knife as a Work of Art, this one definitely fits the bill...

http://boyeknives.com/

Last edited by JonEisberg; 03-13-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook