SailNet Community - View Single Post - Beneteau First 42 Manual
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012
Old as Dirt!

svHyLyte is on a distinguished road
Re: Beneteau First 42 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letrappes View Post
Thanks. I'm trying to get everything in line with what you have posted. Do you know a supplier for the sheaves on the boom aft end and aft bottom of mast? I'm missing a few. Also any good idea on how to run new lines inside the mast without getting tangled with the ones currently in place?

I tried looking up the air filter but couldn't find it. They might have updated the number on it. Do you know any dimensions on it?

I really appreciate the help.
Letrappes--

Sorry I have been out'a the loop for awhile. My (59 YO) little sister passed away on Feb 1st and we've been dealing with the loss and the aftermath.

RigRite carries the sheaves you need although Garhaurer can also supply them in hardened Aluminum with bearings which are much preferable. When I get home--in'a few daze--I'll PM you the boom spec's and you can compare RigRite and Garhaurer. Frankly I'd suggest Garhaurer but if you choose to do so, don't tell Mark I recommended them. If you do, they'll likely charge you a premium as I've been wheedling Mark's prices down for years--and before him, Bill and Mary's--and they always complain about loosing money on every sale they agree to with me! N'any case, they make the best gear at the best price and stand behind their work. (What'a novelty, eh?)

I gave you the KN web-site. Give them a call and let them know you have a 1985 era 4-108 and they'll fix you up.

FWIW...

svHyLyte
"It is not so much for its beauty that the sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook