SailNet Community - View Single Post - Latesail.com and other charter companies
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012
Currently, between boats.

ChicagoNewport27 is on a distinguished road
Re: Latesail.com and other charter companies

I just booked a trip through Latesail for a bareboat charter in the BVI this summer. They are a small-ish company, very friendly. After speaking to them in person at Strictly Sail Chicago, they followed up with me and sent me some quotes. No pressure, just prices and ideas. They sent me about 10 options in all.

Latesail is basically akin to a Expedia/Orbitz/Kayak of the bareboat yacht charter industry, where they broker any unused charter time for a bit of a discount. They have a lowest price guarantee, too. They are incorporated in the UK (England and Wales, I believe), but they list an office in Palm Coast, Florida.

Anyway, I dealt directly with Candice Clough at LateSail. She offered me deals from a variety larger companies and smaller companies. I ended up booking a charter deal thru Candice at LateSail for a monohull charter with Sunsail. To make a long story short, you pay through LateSail, then they send you a login to their customer portal, where you download all the contracts and forms that you'll need.

Ask me again in June how the trip turned out!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook