SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hunter 28.5 1985 buy or not to buy
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012

MishaB is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MishaB
Re: Hunter 28.5 1985 buy or not to buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post
Do you mean you're planning to go from Boston to Miami on the boat? and back in 2 weeks?

Despite Pascoe's semi-infamous review I think that Hunters can do the coastal cruising duty well enough as long as, as with any boat, it's been maintained and looked after. I quite like the styling of the 80s/90s Legend series', not so much the later ones, but that's a personal subjective thing.

So if you like the look, the feel, and the cockpit/deck setup, and the price is right, and the survey turns up no red flags, go for it.. but there are plenty of other boats that would fill the bill just as well or better.
Thank you both of you, for the advices. I mean 2 weeks one way. Iím planning to spend max $20k on the boat, but I have to live on board for at least 5 months (in Florida) between the voyages. If not the h28.5 what would you recommend in this price range? Iím handy with houses, work with computers and can dig out information, but obviously, did not work with boats. I would like something to be able to use right the way and work on improvements slowly. Iím taken classes now and want to put new knowledge to work ASAP.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook