SailNet Community - View Single Post - Corondo 25 questions
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012

HelpNeededCorondo25 is on a distinguished road
Corondo 25 questions

Hello,

I recently moved onto a 1968 Corondo 25. I live in Alaska and at first it was an affordable housing option for me and my dog to avoid ridiculous prices to rent a place. I never knew i wanted to learn to sail until i moved on the boat. What a fun journey I have ahead of me.

There are some problems on the boat that I can't seem to trouble shoot. Keep in mind I am not the handiest person. However, I am eager to learn

If you have any interest in helping a novice with insight I would be very thankful. Perhaps there are resources you can direct me too if you cant help with specific questions.

Ok here is what I have going on.

-The control panel right under the companion way doesn't work...hence the cabin lights,radio, vhh don't work either. However the bilge works. Does this sound like a wiring or a battery problem? The fuses all look good.

-I used the head for about a month. It is a Jabsco manual.... It worked fine for that duration but then all of a sudden pressure built up. When I was looking at the hoses behind the head i noticed the top lever was parallel to the hose and the bottom lever (is this also called a seacock?) was perpendicular. Perhaps the waste went into a holding tank inadvertently? Any ideas to trouble shoot this? I now have both levers perpendicular until i gigure what to do. There is also a gray switch on the front of the head. The label has worn off so I dont know what it means if it is left or right. I was told by the previous owner that water needed to be added manually instead of it being pumped in.

-Any tips on helping keep the boat dry would be helpful. I dont cook a whole lot but the forward berth is always wet. I have a little heater that runs constantly. The temps have been in the 30's. Hopefully this problem will not be as bad during the 60 degree summers.

That is a start. Recommendations on the topic of learning basics of Sailing would be appreciated.

Thanks Much! Happy sailing....

The bilge
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook