SailNet Community - View Single Post - Corondo 25 questions
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 03-16-2012 Thread Starter
HelpNeededCorondo25

Corondo 25 questions

Hello,

I recently moved onto a 1968 Corondo 25. I live in Alaska and at first it was an affordable housing option for me and my dog to avoid ridiculous prices to rent a place. I never knew i wanted to learn to sail until i moved on the boat. What a fun journey I have ahead of me.

There are some problems on the boat that I can't seem to trouble shoot. Keep in mind I am not the handiest person. However, I am eager to learn

If you have any interest in helping a novice with insight I would be very thankful. Perhaps there are resources you can direct me too if you cant help with specific questions.

Ok here is what I have going on.

-The control panel right under the companion way doesn't work...hence the cabin lights,radio, vhh don't work either. However the bilge works. Does this sound like a wiring or a battery problem? The fuses all look good.

-I used the head for about a month. It is a Jabsco manual.... It worked fine for that duration but then all of a sudden pressure built up. When I was looking at the hoses behind the head i noticed the top lever was parallel to the hose and the bottom lever (is this also called a seacock?) was perpendicular. Perhaps the waste went into a holding tank inadvertently? Any ideas to trouble shoot this? I now have both levers perpendicular until i gigure what to do. There is also a gray switch on the front of the head. The label has worn off so I dont know what it means if it is left or right. I was told by the previous owner that water needed to be added manually instead of it being pumped in.

-Any tips on helping keep the boat dry would be helpful. I dont cook a whole lot but the forward berth is always wet. I have a little heater that runs constantly. The temps have been in the 30's. Hopefully this problem will not be as bad during the 60 degree summers.

That is a start. Recommendations on the topic of learning basics of Sailing would be appreciated.

Thanks Much! Happy sailing....

The bilge
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome