SailNet Community - View Single Post - New and in need of advise.
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012
INFINIT3

Realm333 is on a distinguished road
New and in need of advise.

hello all im kevin and ive posted here and there on the forums and have been lurking for quite a while now and im ready to get my feet wet. So i am a total newbie when it comes to sailing and i have recently bought a couple sailing books to get started. im also taking asa courses in a month. After that i plan to buy a boat. Now since never sailed before "i have been on many power boats though" im looking for a small 19-26ft to just learn on for about a year before i spend big bucks on a better boat. Now i have a couple quiestions? ive seen many boats that look like great starters for relativly cheap " a couple grand cheap and that is what im looking for as i said before it is just a learning boat i plan to sail her for about a year then sell or just give to someone who needs one. Now for the tricky part marinas, ive looked into several marinas "im in florida around tampa area" and they run about 10$ foot per month. Now i kinda laughed because the marina will cost more than i plan on paying for the boat lol. So is there alternitives to marinas or if anyone knows any cheaper marinas around. I hate using the word cheap but like i said its a begginer boat and i wish to save as much as possible for my dream boat in a couple years. Also i will be working 5 days a week so i dont know much about having a boat on the hook while no one is tending or near it to make sure nothing happens if anyone has done this info would be great. Sorry for the rambling but i just want to go sailing asap, im tired of watching videos of others dong it now i want to too.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook