SailNet Community - View Single Post - Permanently disabling chat
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012

cupper3 is on a distinguished road
Re: Permanently disabling chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBzeer View Post
So it's an okay site, as long as you block out the stuff that makes the site possible?
I think the issue is, at least for me, on how somehow the scripts used here render the site much slower then other forum sites, both sailing and non-sailing related.

A perfect example is how the main page loads, and then bounce around when the top header flash ad appears. None of the other forum sites, using the same Vbulletin software, are set up that way.

One can clear the cache, and things work reasonably well, with the above exception, but as soon as one opens another tab, one is back to the slow loading.

Something is an issue, and although I suspect one of the scripts, I am not techie enough to dig far into which one and why.

All I know is that this is the most frustrating of sites from a technical point of view. Usually Chrome and Ubuntu render sites faster then Windoze.

Why are people happy to accept science which makes their life easier while rejecting science that makes their faith or beliefs more difficult?

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook