SailNet Community - View Single Post - What sailing knife do you use?
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012
"Fairhaven" Formosa 41

MedSailor is on a distinguished road
Re: What sailing knife do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patient View Post
Thats the problem I found. There is nothing that is a mixture of diving knife with Marlin Spike. I am excluding multi-tools in my sweeping generalization of course, but it has to be sheathed with a durable lanyard, ready to use at a moments notice to count in my book as useful. I am too clumsy to pick through a multitool when hell breaks loose.

I wish someone made a serrated chisel head diving knife with a spike included. Something I could swim with and hang on the helm ready for action.
Actually that does sound ideal. A diving sheath knife with a marlinspike. Every consider making one? You could just remove the spike from a folding knife. Drill a hole in the handle of your favorite dive knife and bolt it on. Adjust tension with a nylock washer, add a little loc-tite and there you go. The spike wouldn't be locking, but you could achieve your goal for the price of your dive knife, a cheap folder (with spike) and some lock-tite.

MedSailor