SailNet Community - View Single Post - Xantrex Echo Charger Rant
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Re: Xantrex Echo Charger Rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyP View Post
that's what I'm interested in finding out more about. This Sterling Power ProCharge-B echo charger. Anyone install one or own one?

I have their combi and the thing is quiet and I like it. I was thinking about adding an "echo charger" or an "on the run" boost charging source for when I'm not plugged into AC.

ProCharge-B opinions anyone?
Decent low cost external regulators. The wiring is a little more tricky and the manual leaves a lot to be desired, but they work.. I generally prefer the options that Balmar offers in an external regulator but the Pro-Charge B is a good bare bones value. The ProReg D is a better unit than the Proreg B for not that much more.

You might also consider the Sterling A2B or Alternator to Battery Charger that replaces an external regulator but does not require customizing the stock alternator to tap into the field circuit. Simple hook-up with all the benefits of an external reg. The only down side is the large form factor...

The A2B's are pretty cool if your stock alt is already sufficiently sized..

Sterling A2B Charger

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Last edited by Maine Sail; 03-16-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook