SailNet Community - View Single Post - Corondo 25 questions
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012

miatapaul is on a distinguished road
Re: Corondo 25 questions

As far as the plumbing goes, I think the above description is good. As far as the electrical system goes, it should not be too difficult as the system is quite simple. The biggest issue is going to likely be worn out/corroded connections and previous owners modifications. You will need a meter, nothing expensive, but I would suggest an inexpensive digital meter as it can help with other issues and contact cleaner. Start at the batteries, and follow the wires to the panel. It could be simple as cleaning connections. Every place there is a terminal, spray it down with contact cleaner, and scrub it till they are at least corrosion free, if not shiny. Check with the meter to make sure you get close to the same voltage as at the previous connection. Label things as you go along to make future work easier. Then trace all the circuits. You will likely need to replace most of the wiring on an old boat like yours.

What are you using for the heater circuit? I hope it is more than just an extension cord, as we would hate to lose a member here. Remember most boat fires are caused by electrical problems.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook