SailNet Community - View Single Post - Can Age Trump Design?
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006
Tedbear

tbeargladd is on a distinguished road
So now what!

First of all I love these disccusion boards they are so helpful second of all no disrespect to anyone, just trying to find answer instead of being left off in the middle of nowhere.

This is a wonderful thread, but what is the out come. What should a person do or consider. The strength of an older boat that may be in need of a complete transformation or the cost of a newer boat that still needs all the aminities. I'm also in the same position here. I don't have he money for a newer boat or want to deal with the time to restore a older boat.

So really is there no real answer to this question or is the question the answer.

Buy the older boat for a lot less money and put what would cost them the price of a new boat to restore the older boat that they purchase. Now when did you want to sail into the sunset with this boat. Oh yea! Don't forget you'll need to nest egg a savings for your trip! How much money do you have and how much time do you have to save up for.

or

Go into debt and buy that newer boat, complete the boat by purchasing all the accessories needed to complete the boat ready for passaging, while trying to pay the boat off.

The delima still stands.

The answer is what do you want to trade off for! Seems that's the story with boats. True or false? Tell me!

Thanks everyone sorry to sound frustrated!
tbeargladd.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook