SailNet Community - View Single Post - Big Freakin' Sails
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Big Freakin' Sails

Check this juicy BFS out from maui! A killer soundtrack with it as well...blame it on my ADD baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauiboy86 View Post
We were bringing Fate back to Charleston March 3rd from Wrightsville Beach, and had to sail through the gale that produced the Tornado's and deaths on land... for about 5 hours during the middle of the night the winds were gusting up to 45 knots NW, heavy rains with temps in the 40s, we couldn't see the waves but the spray was blowing sideways and the noise was loud... in the morning the winds shifted SW starting out around 20kts and eventually steady 30 with higher gusts right on the nose. Half the crew had zero experience or was sick so I kept sails small and didnt try to push the boat hard but I still didn't get any sleep. The boat handled great with no problems, even after flooding the cockpit a few times during the night when we got overpowered by the strongest gusts. Just wish I had night vision cameras to catch the worst of it.

Video removed due to commercial content in violation of forum rules. Jeff_H SailNet Moderator
Just saw that Jeff removed the embed. Understandable. But it's a really good vid. Go check it out on YouTube by searching:

"Sailing from Wrightsville Beach NC to Charleston SC Beneteau 49 Sailboat"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 03-19-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook