SailNet Community - View Single Post - What sailing knife do you use?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012
Tartan 28

drgamble is on a distinguished road
Re: What sailing knife do you use?

I have a Myerchin Titanium... it wasn't my original choice and was sent to me by Myerchin as a replacement for their "Light" knife that had a built in push light. My locking mechanism broke within 1 year; the knife was hardly ever used. I sent it into Myerchin under warranty and didn't hear anything back from them. I called them 2 weeks after it was sent and they stated they couldn't locate my knife. After several calls and hearing this repeated response I'm glad I had my shipping/tracking receipt - after providing this to them they told me they no longer had my prior style of knife so they sent me the Titanium instead. All in all it took 3 months from the time I sent in my knife for warranty until I received a replacement.

Overall the knife looks and feels good; I'm still a little suspect on quality. I've seen other reviews complaining about problems with the warranted locking mechanism (when it's broke it allows the knife to "float" about half an inch outside of it's casing, exposing the sharp tip). These guys are a very small operation out of CA and the way my warranty work was mishandled was concerning. Absent getting the replacement I'm not sure I would purchase again.

Tartan 28
Peregrine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook