SailNet Community - View Single Post - What is your opinion of Bavaria's?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough
Re: What is your opinion of Bavaria's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tafa View Post
- They have an accelerated Hull/deck manufacturing process. At that time, they were laying fiberglass layers wet on wet and Drying the hull/deck in a gigantic oven. Some seasoned sailor friends thinks it's not the best way to make fiberglass hull/deck. May cause osmosis problems in the future. (I don't actually know how other mass boat producers are manufacturing the hull. This is just and observation and comment)Tafa
Autoclaving is about the BEST method for curing plastic resin - as long as it is tailored to the process - it's what they do with carbon spars for example. It's only the cost of the huge oven that has kept it from becoming the standard process everywhere.

Just think - you can take the time you need to lay out the fabric - no rush "before it kicks", just get everything just so, then bake it.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook