SailNet Community - View Single Post - Annapolis Boat Show
View Single Post
post #20 of Old 10-09-2006 Thread Starter
jmunson2

Ok...so I went...

Instead of curing my desires for having a sailboat (you know how window shopping can sometimes do that), I'm even more "on fire" to have a boat of my own...this is not good methinks...

I went aboard several, OK, many, yachts, and found that I liked Island Packet (the 445 is what I went on) most. I looked at the Tayana that was there and a few others including Alden and Morris. They're all beautiful. Of them all, the Morris boats had the absolutely, hands-down, most gorgeous lines of them all. A sailor's ship. The IP 485 is now my newest dream for a liveaboard.

I did spend quite a bit of time chatting with one of the Johnstones (J/Boats) and really enjoyed those boats - right up my alley for cruising and speed. If the money were mine, I'd nab a 120...

My brother met Mr. Gozzard - the designer of the Bayfields (or at least some of them). He was on a Gozzard - loaned by the new owners to the show. I really enjoy the "old boat" detailing he puts into his designs.

I did purchase the SLAM foul weather gear - good price and well made stuff. I recommend it. Used it yesterday for a bit to take the chill out of the Bay when we went out for a couple of hours.

At any rate, I didn't fall asleep until sometime after 11 and then kept waking up - I wasn't able to settle down after the show.

Anyone got a cure for this, ahem, problem?

The show was a blast - I'm looking forward to next years!

Back to the marine architecture books...

Jon
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome