SailNet Community - View Single Post - Chart Plotter vs Software + Laptop or iPad???
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Chart Plotter vs Software + Laptop or iPad???

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFerron View Post
Agree about Active Captain. It is a great resource. It overlays the chart in Polar Navy but I'm on the fence about that. Opening a review only gives you the stars, not the detailed information and the details are more useful to me as they usually contain helpful navigation information. I may continue to use it as a separate web page instead of bringing it onto the chart as the icons can be distracting........
All posted reviews, phone numbers, controlling depths, services available, frequencies, etc, etc are available in Charts and Tides. All offline too. No need for wifi or 3G connection. Just update periodically when they are available.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook