SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bad boat trip on Bethanny Ever After
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012

Rich85tpi is on a distinguished road
Bad boat trip on Bethanny Ever After

Hi,

So I was watching the reality show "Bethanny Ever After" with my wife (it's her idea of quality time together), and there was sailing involved.

On the show, Bethanny sees a therapist. Her therapist thought it would be a good idea for Bethanny and her husband to take a sailing trip with him and another couple for some group therapy.

Supposedly the doctor/therapist has been sailing for 30 years. He has a 74 foot sailboat docked at Block Island. The couples get on the boat in Block Island and they're going to sail to Nantucket which we're told is a 7-10 hour trip.

Sometime during the night the sailboat goes off course and the gps goes on the fritz. The doctor/therapist says he can't get Nantucket without the gps. They have to wait for either the Coast Guard or another boat to help lead them to Nantucket. Eventually the next day another boat shows up and helps lead them to Nantucket.

My question is would someone with that much sailing experience have trouble getting from Block Island to Nantucket without a gps, or was the whole thing just scripted like that for the "reality" show?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook