SailNet Community - View Single Post - The Trouble With Columbias
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012
Crotchety Old Member

tomperanteau is on a distinguished road
Re: The Trouble With Columbias

Prices have really come down. There are a few Columbias that hold their value better than the others, and the 34 MKII is one of them. Probably because of the really spacious interior and layout. There is one across from my 36 at the marina. If we didn't own the 36, I may have looked at the 34s.

One thing I did notice. With all that freeboard the wind really kicks her around while tied up. We had a gale blow through last weekend, and I watched her heel much farther over than our boat. Made me glad we chose the 36, as we really enjoy sailing our sailboat.

I've seen several 34s in the sub $10k range, so they're going down with the rest of the market.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Footprints

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube

1969 Crealock/Columbia 36 Sloop completely refitted in 2000 and new Yanmar in 2006.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook