SailNet Community - View Single Post - The Trouble With Columbias
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012

BreakAwayFL is on a distinguished road
Re: The Trouble With Columbias

Not so good for existing owners, but good for future owners like me (I hope). I'm hoping to stay as close to 10k as possible. I know she won't be perfect at that price, but I'm hoping for a mechanically sound girl that might just look ugly. Ugly I can fix over time. Mechanical I can't sail until it's sound. Anyway, getting offtrack here.

Once we get a better handle on sailing my 25 we'll be looking in that size range, and those prices (even if requiring a little elbow grease) certainly make them more accessible to a regular Joe like me.

Now, Tomperanteau, if you could sit back objectively and make believe you didn't buy the 36, which would you select today?

Now for me, I'm looking for something suitable for both daycruising the fair waters in the Florida Keys, but also capable of living aboard for two weeks while sailing in the Bahamas, potentially in the H-Word season.

Draft is important, but stiffness under sail is important to me as well, because we can have a beautiful calm sunny day here, with a 50 mph squall out of nowhere in the afternoon.

I'm torn between the 34 and the 36, but don't yet know enough about either to speak much about them, other than the yearning (you know what I mean!) when I see one sail past.
Insanity Later
Walker Bay Dingy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook