SailNet Community - View Single Post - Fuel tank size for San Diego based Coastal
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012
Multiman

mdi is on a distinguished road
Re: Fuel tank size for San Diego based Coastal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
Those are all great comments.

To give followup: I ended up buying the 19 gallon tank from Moeller Marine-old style, no fancy double lining. I'm very happy with what I received. It comes with a sender, a diesel return line, and a big inspection port. I think it will be great for what I need, and I'm happy to have plastic rather than metal.

Having seen the clean inside of the prior 8 year old, almost certainly completely neglected old tank, I have a feeling Southern California boaters are treated pretty gently by the environmnent and maybe we can slide by on a few of these rules.

Leander

I think that is a great choice, down the road you can see if you want to keep if filled, you have the safety reserve which will relieve you of one extra concern, and when the day comes that a fellow sailor needs assistance you have the fuel to stay on station and giv'em a hand.

yep keeping additive in diesel is the way to protect it, your fuel cell and ultimately your filters.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook