SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hello from Canada. Looking to plan a long trip, any help would be appreciated.
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012

Alsandair is on a distinguished road
Hello from Canada. Looking to plan a long trip, any help would be appreciated.

Hello, my name is Al, and I'm a 21 year old man from Northern British Columbia. I have moved to Vancouver to pursue a BA in Video Media Production and Music. My main pastime is hiking in the mountains up north during my time out of school. While I have always enjoyed being on water, in anything from a canoe on a lake, to riding in a friend's boat, either on river or ocean, I have never done anything with a sailboat.

After I finish my university education, I hope to have one grand excursion before settling down to a career, as I am sure I will never get another opportunity again to have such a long trip.

That said, I would like to sail around the world, if possible. I should be ready in about 5-6 years. Because of how little I currently know, I would like to begin collecting advice and build up a general plan that I can act on when I get closer to the date. I am starting to plan this early, so as to see if it is actually a viable idea, or a bad one, and to look into courses/experience/money-saving that I should not leave to the year of my trip.

My current question for now is, which forum section should I pursue this in?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook