SailNet Community - View Single Post - any 36' owners out there?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012

larrybme is on a distinguished road
Re: any 36' owners out there?

Ok Ok. I know this is an old thread, but I just stumbled upon it.
I am very close to pulling the trigger. After years of researching and dreaming, I have decided that the Cat 36 is the boat I want. I am currently in Kansas, don't even ask, but originally from west coast. I plan on coastal cruising the west coast of US and Mex and possibly the Pacific islands. I am currently shopping yacht world and craigs list. Have missed out on a few real good deals, nearly steals. Plan on buying this summer and heading to Mex with or just behind the Ha Ha.
This post is basically aimed at MikeinLA, Montiendo and dgkiisenger. How long of a pasage have you made on your Cat 36. How is it holding up. Any major issues? I will join the Cat 36 organization when I finally purchase.
My big question, I am looking at 86 to 89 models. Do any of you know of one for sale in the 30k range that I have not become aware of through Yachtworld or craigslist. Maybe a friend or aquaintance that has expressed interest in selling?
Any way, for now, I must say I am envious of you beaing able to sail the west coast and enjoy the weather. Joining you soon.
Larry
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook