SailNet Community - View Single Post - Easiest way to repaint the deck?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough
re: Easiest way to repaint the deck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurphny View Post
If you REALLY don't want to slip, take a look at Kiwi Deks. It's not as pretty as other anti-slip methods but is tough and will keep feet from slipping even on rounded corners. (It will also give you a heavy-duty rug rash if you fall on it.) I put it on three years ago and it's holding up well even up by the anchor/chain.
That's why I like the Sikkens product so much - goes on as easily as any paint you ever used, it doesn't fill up moulded non-skid patterns, the abrasive in it is extremely fine so it doesn't tear things up - you can kneel on it with bare knees, it grips as well as or better than the coarse non-skids - I never slipped once on it, it holds up (9 years on my last boat) and it doesn't trap dirt. It also looks a lot better than the thick, globby non-skids IMHO. The attached pictures were taken when it was several years old - that's a 3 to 1 mix of white & grey

It's not the easiest stuff to find in my experience but it's worth tracking down - try it and you'll be hooked.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg deck (3).jpg (48.1 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg deck (4).jpg (38.0 KB, 51 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook