SailNet Community - View Single Post - Info. for Guests Aboard
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Re: Info. for Guests Aboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFerron View Post
Goodness. If it was my first time sailing, I might think twice after reading that. Passport? How long are they going to be on board? You're suggesting fleece and wool and expecting to go swimming and diving? Recommending expensive gear like Helly Hanson? So, you're not just talking a daysail or weekend?

If you have to go into instructions that detailed, perhaps a daysail to get them used to the boat first to knock some things off the list as well as to see if they even like sailing before committing to all that gear.

That said, I have heard of making up a one-page list for guests, but I don't remember where I saw it. It was done in the form of a welcome letter and didn't sound nearly as dire and fraught with danger as the list you're suggesting.
Crikey ... I thought they were talking about a daysail.

I did .... but I can't remember where I put it ....

Good people, they were interesting lists but for mine somewhat over the top.

Sailing is in essence a free and easy pastime .... taking the right precautions surely has to be tempered by a bit of easy going common sense.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett

Last edited by tdw; 03-25-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook