SailNet Community - View Single Post - Heaven Can Wait 2012
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Re: Heaven Can Wait 2012

C,

We have worked out a few of options should we choose to do it again this year.

Offer out services as radio relay ship to cover that area of the lake where the reception is rubbish. Anchor down there, do our duty, nap eat and drink.

Or

As night falls we pull into the club or if we are at the wrong end of the course, drop anchor somewhere. Eat, drink, sleep. See how we feel after a few hours and get going again.

Or

Start and if the weather is utter rubbish go back to the club and get drunk.

They all seems preferable to going through that hell again but surely surely surely the weather cannot do that three years in a row ... can it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartley18 View Post
After the "rather interesting" time we all had last year (at least I'm sure the masochists of Lake Macquarie enjoyed themselves even if the humble crew of the Womboat didn't!), it seems the race organisers have seen the light and decided to add a 12 Hour Race to the event for this year:

http://www.sail-world.com/Australia/...our-race/95155

What say you, Womby? Have you guys recovered enough (not sure I have...) or do you reckon even 12 hours is still absolute fuzziness??

Hmmm...

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook