Over Hill Sailing Club
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Adirondacks NY
Thanked 111 Times in 108 Posts
Rep Power: 8
Re: Info. for Guests Aboard
So here are the general categories, so far, of things that visitors ought to be aware of:
1. What to bring/not to bring
2. What a sailboat does/why it heels/why it will not capsize… (hopefully:-)
3. The lines and how they work (sheets, halyards, and winches)
4. Radio use
5. Engine starting and operation
6. Fresh water systems/conservation
7. Limitations of space
8. Limitations of supplies
9. The Head
10. Critical Safety Issues:
PFDs- Fire- locations of safety items- line handling- the boom- MOB- FA kit
11. Where to sit
Now, how to best word some of these items so that they are simple and clear to someone getting an email about coming out sailing for a couple of days or longer.?
On comment above about laminated head info--People do not read these things! Specific verbal instructions are needed.
Alberg 35: With a philosophical flourish Cato throws himself upon his sword; I quietly take to the ship.
Last edited by smurphny; 03-26-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Reason: add'l items