SailNet Community - View Single Post - quick question with regard to anchoring near port of everett, puget sound, wa
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012
the pointy end is the bow

erps will become famous soon enough erps will become famous soon enough
Re: quick question with regard to anchoring near port of everett, puget sound, wa

Greetings Stephen,

I did the same as you, only up north at Utsalady, Camano Island. All I can say is that the areas that are suitable for moored boats will have moored boats already there. There are some at Langley, some in Penn Cove west of Coupeville and Cornet Bay is getting quite a population as well as Utsalady. These areas are well protected and have boats there moored year 'round. I've gone into the Port of Everett on occasion for fuel and I just don't remember much of a population of moored boats. If you're talking at the mouth of the river there somewhere, that area is exposed to weather. I recollect a couple boats moored in the river across from the marina, but they looked like derelicts. I personally would be concerned about being the first one to moor a boat somewhere. The state DNR does require permits for mooring on their bottom, but they don't have much enforcement.
La Conner, WA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Boating for over 25 years, some of them successfully.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook