SailNet Community - View Single Post - I had a great sail today.
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
Family Affair..

We were blessed with a near perfect early spring weekend.. sunshine, temps into the teens, and a really nice breeze both days, 15- 18knots. It was the opening event of our club's calendar - a pleasant daysail to Bowen Island, a rented cottage for appies, drinks and dinner.. a great breakfast the next day before sailing home in brilliant conditions again.

Our son and his family on their Catalina 36 had decided to join us.. that made it even a better weekend.

Here they are following in our footsteps... er - I mean wake....

Sailing home the next day in a dying outflow that turned into a solid Northwesterly by the time we got into the bay..

Spring sailing in BC.. looking north to Howe Sound's snow capped peaks.

Not without incident, however.. when we reached our harbour mouth and spun around to drop sails, I noticed our engine temp climbing rapidly.. found a ruptured rubber seal and all our coolant in the bilge... RATS....
Fortunately the kids were nearby (they moor in the same marina) and they helped us into our slip, dug out a spare and had things back together and running before heading home yesterday.

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook