SailNet Community - View Single Post - First Boat for Family of Six (in Oz)
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Re: First Boat for Family of Six (in Oz)

I've always had a soft spot for the ideal of boatingsailing/camping. (sorry for the meander Bent). Sleeping under canvas in the cockpit is a truly lovely thing to do even better when you can leave the canvas partly folded back and go to sleep under the stars. Trouble is when I do it I don't go to sleep, just lie there and look up. Sublime. I remember as a young bloke going canoing and pulling up to a nice spot, make a fire, cook dinner then lay out bedroll next the canoe. If it rained during the night simply pull the thing over on top of you. Cockpit of a sailing boat is a damn sight more comfortable though dem damn mosquitoes can knobble ones dream.

For Bent he needs to make sure that while he has all those berths he also needs to make sure that there is enough space in the cockpit cos thats where most of the time will be spent and you do need a bit of elbow room when actually sailing.

I'm not concerned about the overall lack of space. This boat is essentially for family outings and occasionally they'll stay on board, all the while relatively safely tucked up inside the lake.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.

Last edited by tdw; 03-26-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook