SailNet Community - View Single Post - no discharge zones
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012

jsnaulty is on a distinguished road
Re: no discharge zones

this sort of thing happens nearly every day in some industrialized river that flows into the chesapeake. the pump out at my marina happens to go into this very sewage system, which has had 5 such multi day spills over the winter. I truly don't care about how you deal with your 'sewage', but it is the governments totally cavalier approach to gigantic municipal spills versus the "board my boat with machine guns and make sure the twisty tie is in place on my y valve and check that the placards are appropriately displayed" approach the local DEP types take to boats that fries my ass. MD needs to get its municipal and governmental house in order before fining and harassing boaters for what would be at best a 'drop in the (honey) bucket" compared to what washington, baltimore and norfolk do to the bay every day with impunity- they're too big to fail" . keep your sewage on your boat till it explodes for all I care - but don't fool yourself that your sweet 'green' thoughtfulness is 'making a difference' unless you're are the only occupant of some confined pristine harbor with no marine life that is metabolizing proteins into nitrogenous excretions.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook