SailNet Community - View Single Post - Heaven Can Wait 2012
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012
Once known as Hartley18

Classic30 will become famous soon enough Classic30 will become famous soon enough
Re: Heaven Can Wait 2012

Righto.. leave it to you and BenT to work something out.

It'd be great to get StAnna on board - we could introduce him to some REAL sailing on a REAL yacht!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
As night falls we pull into the club or if we are at the wrong end of the course, drop anchor somewhere. Eat, drink, sleep. See how we feel after a few hours and get going again.
I like that option... and cannot for the life of me work out why we didn't do it last year. There was absolutely no reason we couldn't have just anchored for the last two hours right where we were and still finished the race. I put it down to us all being too fed up with the whole debacle to even think straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
They all seems preferable to going through that hell again but surely surely surely the weather cannot do that three years in a row ... can it ?
HA!

If it even smells like it might do that again closer to the date, there's no way I'd even get on the plane.

Last edited by Classic30; 03-27-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook