SailNet Community - View Single Post - quick question with regard to anchoring near port of everett, puget sound, wa
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012

safira is on a distinguished road
Re: quick question with regard to anchoring near port of everett, puget sound, wa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth549 View Post
hello: thank you for the reply's. under what grounds would they be 'making you register' to anchor? also; yes sir. i do trust my anchoring skills. im norwegian. been on boat's since i was born. sailed in the bering sea ak, sea of okhosk, russia. norway. inside passage. gulf islands, san juan islands. puget sound, south sound, through the locks many times (that being said there are only like 2 'open mooring on the hook' areas once inside the locks including lake wa. i've sailed the pacific and atlantic ocean, st johns river fl and i've even sailed in the middle of the desert! lake meade nv. i can tell you dragging anchor for an experienced sailor is very uncommon. i did lose a friend that dragged anchor and got swept out in front of a barge being pushed by a tug boat in the columbia river...got run over...my other friend that was with him monkey'd on board the barge as it ran their boat over....that being said...KNOCK ON WOOD. thank you for asking....recent example. me and my kids...took a 3 month trip last summer. out of that 3 months we only stayed overnight in port 6 times. we'd hit a new port every day or two...take our bikes and go explore..then head back to he boat and go anchor out...anchoring is a very smart thing to do. give me a break. anchoring skills.....ha ha ha you crack me up..you must be kidding me!! thx anyways....HA HA HA
Wonderful response Keneth. Have to love the way somepeople have a lot of comments here to others. Yes I am another that has been sail for a few years, just 50+ and got a good laugh at the comment of anchoring skills.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook