SailNet Community - View Single Post - quick question with regard to anchoring near port of everett, puget sound, wa
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012

kenneth549 is on a distinguished road
Re: quick question with regard to anchoring near port of everett, puget sound, wa

errps...thx..however. we have a lack of communication. i'm talking about anchoring..not setting up a mooring buoy...however; in 93..in a fjord in haugesund norway me and my cousin lars solvik setup a mooring buoy out in front of his house..we went down 45' in scuba gear and used air bags near the top of the water to 'lift' the cement block up and or down to move it into the correct placement...then we ran an anchor with chain through a ring on the cement block then more chain then to rope and then up to a mooring ball at the surface...works great to this day. when i was down there....i got tangled up in the line...lars looked at me with wide eyes and a 'hand signal' to just chill out as he untangled me....heck, always scuba in two's that's for sure..or i may still be there...with the ground tackle.
take care.
stephen kenneth ronning
EERRPS; THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE DNR INFORMATION. THAT IS VERY USEFUL. I AM APPRECIATIVE TO HAVE THAT...that makes me think....thx again! have a great day!

Last edited by kenneth549; 03-28-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook