SailNet Community - View Single Post - FX sails?
Thread: FX sails?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Re: FX sails?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortyd View Post
so, if we all buy or sails on line or in the mail, there will come day when a small damage in a sail will require shipping it to china since local sail lofts will be long gone. not everything is dollars and cents. the people in local sail lofts also keep your business going.
Even some of the BIG lofts are building sails if you will in china. Some even in the same loft per say, but with there speced material vs another lofts speced material.

Local lofts last I checked will work on ANYONES sails, not just there own. I've had my North sail fixed at a local independent, and my Ullman sails were fixed at the same independent on warranty, as the seattle branchs loft is in S Cal, so easier to do here!

I do admit, it does seem better to work with a local rep vs over the phone....... But a local did get some FX sails, and was happy, as was another that is sailing in Mexico, with some Crusing direct sails, which was norths online sales line for whiles with older material vs what you could get in the local loft ordered.

Marty