SailNet Community - View Single Post - What do you say to a Glander?
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
Re: What do you say to a Glander?

For what it is worth, I basically agree with Rohoke that it would have been nice to have someone else comment who knew the boats better than I did. That is why I added the description of my minimal experience with these boats.

My recollection is that the original poster had sent me a P.M. asking me to please comment on the boat since no one else had. In fairness, I had previously researched these boats for an aquaintance and so had spoken to several former owners, a surveyor who had surveyed one or more, and had been aboard the specific boat that this acquaintance wanted to buy. After the boat was purchased I only recall hearing one more time from that acquaintance and he was pretty harsh on the build quality, and sailing ability of his boat. My comments represented what I had learned from my observations and in those conversations.

As Rohoke (who apparently built these boats) pointed out, these were kit boats, which like any other kit boat, varied in build quality, and detailing with the individual builder. And as Rohoke also pointed out, it would have been useful to have a more detailed desciption from someone who knew a number of these boats first hand.

And Yes, that was me posting under another earlier but similar name all those many years ago. I started posting on SailNet in the mid-1990's. At some point around the time that SailNet changed management I ended up with two user names since none of us old timers could use our old passwords. That mess was cleaned up at some point.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay and part-time purveyor of marine supplies

Last edited by Jeff_H; 03-30-2012 at 02:39 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook