SailNet Community - View Single Post - Killarneys visit Sydney
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Re: Killarneys visit Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by bljones View Post
I had the pleasure of meeting killarney and Mrs. killarney at the Toronto Boat Show in January. Great people, great tales, and June is a kick! This compact, quiet woman has some serious cojones. To hear the tales you'd think that Bruce gave his wife all of the really crappy watches, because a repeated refrain is, "So, I come up on deck and there's June..." either hanging from a tether, hanging from the wheel, or swimming in the cockpit, or unaware that a swell is looming over her, or...
Absolutely Jonesy. She knows where her towel is. Its easy to understand how they have made it half way round the world. First rate sailors I'd reckon. Good fun, down to earth and practical. Not preaching from any sailing bible, just looking for the stuff that works.

Hey Bruce .... mellow eh ? Must have caught me on an off day. The Wombet will be most amused to see me described as mellow. Incorrigable old fart is closer to her assessment.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook