SailNet Community - View Single Post - Living Aboard!
Thread: Living Aboard!
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012
cruising all I can

joethecobbler is on a distinguished road
Re: Living Aboard!

Here is a little different approach;
your 20 , why are you waiting for later ? go now.
Why wait till you "know it all" or have learned it all ? that is half the fun. if you wait till then you'll be too old and bored w/ it. go now.
What Boat ? - you already know what boat, a sailboat ! find one YOU like , if you find you don't like it, find someone who does and find another for yourself. go now.
How Much ? - easy question, EVERYTHING YOU HAVE . you can even find them for free ! I just passed on a 23' coranado in central e.coast florida . THe gentleman was giving it away . I even went to look at it. It had everything aboard except a flare gun and an outboard - FREE . go now.( as I already have a couple boats I passed on another)
Experience ? well , if you go now you'll be getting plenty. go now.
Look on craigslist for boats all price ranges. go now.
Your not marrying the boat if you don't like it get another. go now.
Don't wait till you have "enough" money, you'll never have enough , you've got enough already. go now.

OR,
Don't , keep opining away your days and years and dreaming along with all the other "dock Dogs" and "internet masters of oceans", grow old, get tied down w/ life, become ill, start a family, take out more loans,buy a house w/ a 30yr. commitment and find that career for a good 25-30 yr. sentence, and just let that dream languish and never actually leave the shore.
Keep waiting till all the stars align and things are just so.
I'll update you as I'm living it and you can read about it in my book,blog,etc . and ask yourself why your not !
Or, you could just go now.
just a thought.
(go now, what's the problem?))
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook