SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tip of Mast hit bridge...
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012

benajah is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger22owner View Post
I am sorry for not being detailed enough but yes my mast caused my bow to lift essentially putting the motor partially in the water. And I was thinking of taking the mast down but I have never done it before. If I were to would I have to undo all of the lines or could I leave them on; furthermore is taking a mast down a very difficult task for a newbie? Also I will try to get pictures tomorrow to better help illustrate the picture.
Yeah you had an accident that could happen to anyone. It sucks but does happen, even to the most experienced folks.
As far as your outboard.... What I would do is pull it off the boat take it home and get an old oil barel mount the engine to it so you have water cooling then you can do whatever repairs needed right there next to your doorstep.
Don't worry about the bow, take the boat to a boatyard to look at the mast. That collision could cause damage to the chain plates, deck, rigging, not to say it did, just that it could and you should have an expert look at it. For what it is worth there is a guy selling an Catalina 22 mast and rigging for 275 on craigslist in the sf bay area right now.
Don't kick yourself in the butt. It happens just fix the damage
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook