SailNet Community - View Single Post - International Yacht Deliveries or Transport
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012

biggles72 is on a distinguished road
International Yacht Deliveries or Transport

G'day all,

I live in Hong Kong and there are not many options in the region for used yachts such as I am looking at. (Blue water medium to heavy displacement ~40ft)

I am looking to buy in the USA and get the yacht delivered to Hong Kong. There are so many options there and the price seems right.

The Boat - Passport 40, Tayana 37, Baba 40 or similar medium to heavy displacement cruiser between 37-44 ft

I would be wanting a full service transport solution. For example if it is shipped on a container vessel i want a company to de-rig, prepare, and load, etc. Or for a delivery skipper i would want just to pay the company/individual and see my boat arrive 3 months later with minimum fuss. I am a busy business person and do not have time to be too involved besides a few weeks to go to the USA and purchase the boat. (West coast would probably be easiest or cheapest to transport to Asia)

That being said the cost needs to be worth all the trouble.

Has anyone done this before? Any info, advise, approx costs, Delivery skipper or shipping? Pros cons or considerations?

Any advice, links, articles, price estimates appreciated.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook