SailNet Community - View Single Post - Georgia Livaboards Org
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012

byrdric16 is on a distinguished road
Re: Georgia Livaboards Org

Good News!
The State of Georgia has just modified the Live-Aboard rule so that it will be legal and practical to say on board your boat in Georgia for more than 30 days. A rule change will allow boaters to fill out a simple form to receive permission to be onboard for up to one year in Georgia so long as the boat is docked at a marina that meets the state’s minimum requirements for pump-out facilities. Isle of Hope Marina and just a couple of other marinas currently meet those standards, but I expect that other marinas will upgrade their facilities to take advantage of this rule change. I am heading a committee that will be working with the DNR to finalize the application form in the next few weeks. The rule change will be effective January 1, 2012 . i just found this on the web. it doese not mean that local DNR will stop hurassing. i am interested in attending your meeting this month, if you could email me the time and place. my email address is byrdric16@comcast.net i myself am moving back to the water aand plan to spend 4-6 months in Ga. there are other states trying to enforce such laws but in some cases the federal and corp of engineers have overruled. look forward to attending your meeting
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook