SailNet Community - View Single Post - Full or fin keel?
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012
sunfish?junior?

Lou452 is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Full or fin keel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
That's odd. Are you sure? Do you mean that all cats will be "grounded" inshore till they prove to meet standards that had not even been set?

That is crazy. It is hard to believe!!! Any link to that?

Regards

Paulo
Paulo : at this other sailing web site( cruisers and sailing ) you will find some info. I did not spend a lot of time on this because I think it is nuts. Some folks say anything and put it on the web. Maybe I should not have even repeated it because the more times rumors are told they gain stature. They were very serious with the fourm. I try to spend time in fourms that debate with class and put out a good set of facts Plus a cat boat is not me I love my little sunfish even in Lake Erie with White caps and surf. I am close to the water if I lose it and I can get back up. I can not say for sure becase I have not done it but even a small cat looks like a man could go for a good flight and the boom might hurt bones when you land. Then you have to get it back up. I used to jump the ramp on water skis and trick ski. Water can get kind of hard when you hit it that I can say for sure. Full or Fin looks like a knock down would be less violent than in a cat ? I have little sailing knowledge but this thread and other members that are helping me plus books I am reading are starting to make sense. The best thing is geting to spend time on the water to see how I fit with doing it. I can tell you all kinds of ways to move a soccer ball but you must find somthing that works for your limits to the game. I need to find and live in my sailing limits. Most all of the boats are better than me so I need to learn enough to make good choices LOU452
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook