SailNet Community - View Single Post - Full or fin keel?
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Full or fin keel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou452 View Post
...Water can get kind of hard when you hit it that I can say for sure. Full or Fin looks like a knock down would be less violent than in a cat ? I have little sailing knowledge but this thread and other members that are helping me plus books I am reading are starting to make sense. The best thing is geting to spend time on the water to see how I fit with doing it. I can tell you all kinds of ways to move a soccer ball but you must find somthing that works for your limits to the game. I need to find and live in my sailing limits. Most all of the boats are better than me so I need to learn enough to make good choices LOU452
That's about it I know of guys that have crossed the Atlantic on Beach cats, or sailed the Horn...and they were not crazy but great sailors and were doing something that carried a limited risk. If I tried that it would be madness. I donít have the knowledge neither the skills to do that on a beach cat. However a cruising cat is not properly a beach cat. Here you have a Lagoon 440 sailing with winds in excess of 40K:

The guy is very good or a bit crazy because he carries too much sail for a relaxed sailing. With a bit less sail he would not be doing 18K but would go at 14K in a much safer way.

Regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook