SailNet Community - View Single Post - Meat & Potato Man
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
Re: Meat & Potato Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshineisme View Post
Hi everyone,

Within the next two or three months we will be making our journey from Oregon to Mexico.

My boyfriend is strictly a meat and potato kind of man. I've been searching and planning and preparing and making so many lists of things to do prior to departure that my head is spinning.

I'm struggling with how to keep my meat eater happy on our extended trips since I can't exactly jump in the car and drive to the grocery store for much longer.

I was considering trying to smoke various meats and then vacuum sealing but I'm concerned about long term storage. We have a ice box that runs on 12-volt but I still worry about long term storage.

I have never canned before but I have been reading a lot on the subject of canning meats. Can anyone offer advice on what they have done or experience with canning meats and how to store on the boat?

Any ideas/suggestions are greatly appreciated!

We are on a 33' Morgan and I still have room in several nooks and crannies to store more provisions.

Thanks!
Mary
Mary, since you don't voice any needs or requirements of your own.. I'm guessing this trip is a recipe for disaster already. It all sounds so one sided for you after all, someone that locked into just what they want, probably thinks they are the alpha in all things.

Can't help but wonder about all the other "plans" for this trip.

12 cases of this should make em happy!

My boat is for sale.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook