SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mr. B Buys A Boat- Adventures in Boat Shopping
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012

bbremer10 is on a distinguished road
Re: Mr. B Buys A Boat- Adventures in Boat Shopping

Realizing that a 30 footer is going to blow my budget- I can buy the boat , but not do any significant repairs/restoration- I'm scaling back the size. I looked at a 1970 Ericson 23. I thought, before I saw it, it would be way too small or a complete wreck. However, upon actually looking at it, it is in decent shape and surprisingly roomy for such a compact boat. In fact, the cockpit is much roomier that a Macgregor 26x (oops! The dreaded "M" word! Sorry...) and the below decks is actually quite comfortable, even though you cannot stand up in it. Comes with a Honda 4 stroke, 6 horse, long shaft (ten hours). The owner had just sailed it over from Catalina Harbor, so with a skilled skipper, it can make that crossing. Not that I would attempt it just yet. At $1500, it poses little risk for me and seems a good way to ease into sail baoting. And at that price, I would have more than enough funds to fix her up to my liking. Opinions, please.....( I know those are hard to come by here...)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook