SailNet Community - View Single Post - The Live aboard dream right out of college?
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Re: The Live aboard dream right out of college?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyreep View Post
if I am going to UNC Wilmington and don't want to live in an apartment, what's the best way to go about finding a cruiser inexpensively that is capable of transcontinental?
If you intend to go to college paying the real money and time, your focus is school and learn something. Living on board, dating and living good are not important. There are plenty of wind, water and fishes (chicks) when you are done. That was how I set examples and taught my kids. After all these years, they are and will be very successful in life.

If you want to go global, everything you learn in college will be your solution to the problem in the middle of the ocean. Don't skip Physics for Engineering. Chemistry (General and Organic), Geometry and Calculus 1 and 2, Physical Geography, biology, microbiology and possible human physiology are a must. Fluid dynamics is good also.

I use the above disciplines every time I go off shore.

Good luck

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook