SailNet Community - View Single Post - The Live aboard dream right out of college?
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012

skyreep is on a distinguished road
Re: The Live aboard dream right out of college?

Thank you all for your responses. Do you mind if I ask what your professions are that allow you to liveaboard cruise for so much of your lives? It is really what I want to do, I'm just unsure as to how I can finance it...
EDIT:
By the way, to give you an idea of the boats I've been looking at, I'm eyeballing the 37-42' Hunters, and Morgans. I looked at Ingrid 38's for a bit too but they're harder to find in my price range it seems, whereas the Hunters and Morgans can be found without too much trouble around the $30,000 range. I particularly like the 41' Out Islands and the 37' Hunters. Of course recommendations are always appreciated.

I'm planning on buying a boat in the 2013 time window and using it as a live-aboard while I work until at least 2014 which would be the earliest I would consider anything more than, for instance, a BVI trip. Any global sailing spanning more than a month or two would probably wait until the 2016-2017 window, as my significant other will have completed her Graduate work, and I will 1) have finished my commitment with the military, and 2) Have had a chance to save up, plan, prepare, etc. Obviously I'm planning a bit ahead but you must realize, I will be out of the loop in on bases until Feb. 2013, and hence I want to prepare as much as possible, as I hope to live aboard when I come home.

Last edited by skyreep; 04-03-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook