SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mr. B Buys A Boat- Adventures in Boat Shopping
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012

olson34 is on a distinguished road
Re: Mr. B Buys A Boat- Adventures in Boat Shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbremer10 View Post
If you were there in the afternoon, you'd have seen a 22 foot Fiberform on the 35 ton sling. That's when we found the spun props and I withdrew my offer to purchase. The owner of that boat spent all morning complaining about losing business because he wasn't at his office and then he was really upset when I pulled the plug on the offer to purchase. But, tough ****. Not gonna buy a boat I can't sea trail. He actually expected me to replace the props on my dime because he was absolutly sure it would pass sea trial with new props. I told him that's not how it works. It's his boat. If he wants to repair HIS boat and offer it up for sale again, have at it. Still hasn't refunded my depsit (Not too worried about that. I know how to collect money.). Do sellers not understand that selling a vessel requires some effort on their part?

If I'm posting, I'm soliciting advice. Bring it on y'all!
Well, that's a coincidence!
Danish Marine, in Portland, OR??

While you're there, take a look at that clean Scampi 30, at the brokerage below the yard (Passion Yachts). Friend of mine listed it after they moved up to a 37 footer... they would like it to go to a new home...

BTW, I admit that I have always wondered about all the "monkey motion" needed to make the Duo Prop idea workable.
As if all IO's do not have enough built-in maintenance woes as it is.

Cheers,
LB
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook